Headings

29/09/2012

A few new additions...



I fancied doing a post on the new additions I have accumulated this month as, well, it's not a few is it; it's an abundance, and I'm pretty sure my bank card needed a lie down afterwards. So before I begin to resent myself for that, here's the lowdown starting from the left of the picture:

Elizabeth Arden Skin Balancing Toner & Exfoliating Cleanser
I did a full review of these two here; because I was a little hesitant of whether they would perform having purchased them on a whim, but trusted that they would work as I worship the ground of anything Elizabeth Arden creates.  My skin really has benefited from this duo - in both clarity and radiance - and they seem to have kept my face a breakout-free zone so that's a serious commandment as far as I'm concerned!

Alpha H Liquid Gold
So far so good - I won't go into too much detail on as I did a post about this beauty yesterday, but as it stands it's most likely definitely something I will be re-purchasing.

Clarins Multi Active Night
Something that has been on my 'want' list for ages, this is solely aimed at younger skins wishing to prevent premature wrinkles. I haven't ever tried anything from Clarins before (I think only because I thought it was aimed at an older audience) but this has really packed a punch! I love the navy glass tub, very classy and the product itself feels wonderful to apply - really hydrating and seems to nicely 'plump' my skin. 
Bad points - predominantly, the smell! It smells like old people! That aside, although it's a really hydrating cream I feel that it's a little too greasy for my combination/oily complexion. It's not caused any problems to my skin at all, and you only wear it to bed so it's no biggie; but I know that their Multi Active Day also comes in a cream-gel consistency for oily skin, so I would love it a little more if that option was available for the night, too.

Origins stockpile!
Origins is a brand that has always intrigued me but that I have never dabbled in as I didn't know too much about them. Having read incredible reviews about a couple of items I decided it was worth trying them out; and now I have a list to try as long as my arm and some new favourites!


#1 - Super Spot Remover
This is a blemish treatment gel which I have heard amazing commandments from Kate and Anna about, and having spot-prone skin myself it sounded like a godsend. I have only used it once so far (on a very annoying little buggar right on the end of my nose!) but first impressions are pretty good - the squidy little bottle itself is lovely, it's so dinky! Some people complain that the size is misleading, but in reality you don't need any more - and it's the perfect size to pop in your makeup bag should you want to. The consistency is actually quite sticky so I don't know how well it will hold up with makeup ontop but I will report back if there's a problem. Quick note on the smell aswell, seeing as I'm such a smell obsessive: it smells like pepper and it's lovely ;).

#2 - GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
People are known to hoard this stuff so it had to be tried! Typically I only go for eye creams with anti-ageing properties, as I've already got some fine lines (or more truthfully, my dad has crows feet and I'm terrified). The high recommendations are hard to ignore though, and it's always good to have helping hand when you're tripping over your eye bags of a morning! GinZing promises to brighten and depuff tired eyes - think of it as the eye-equivalent of your morning coffee/s. The cream is a pearlescent, powder pink shade which really gives my eyes a little lift; next time you go by an Origins counter, pop a little on the back of your hand and you'll see how much it brightens! The bottom line is, this + touché éclat will save your ass of a rainy Monday. I'm all for that.

#3 - Plantscription Anti-aging Eye Cream
Well bearing in mind what I have just said, I couldn't justify the above without also getting an anti-aging accompaniment, could I?! This little wonder moisturises intensely with the aim of preventing crows feet (yay!), sagging skin and fine lines. It also comes in the form of 'Anti-aging Eye Treatment', which is the same product but in a gel consistency. I've got a preference for my eye creams though: they must be a cream and they must come in a pot! I've not had chance to road-test this yet but will feed back in due course.

#4 - Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment
This is the best thing I have ever used and I love it love it love it ARGH. Seriously, ladies, if you want super smooth, can't-stop-stroking-my-damn-face skin get your hands on this, I beg you! I honestly can't praise this product enough - it smells like pure heaven (floral, with spearmint and lemon thrown in their too) and I could just smooth it into my skin every day for the rest of my life! Swoooon.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
Estee, one of my absolute favourite bloggers is a die-hard fan of this shade and I can see why - it's gorgeous! In the tube it's a terrifyingly dark burgundy/brown shade, but a vampy mauve-wine once applied. Something that makes this even more attractive is the fact that the colour intensifies coat-by-coat, meaning that by dabbing one coat on with your finger gives you a sheer, bitten tinge and a further few swipes leaves you with an opaque, yet nicely glossy finish. A bit like this:


Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Valparaiso
One thing you will learn about me is that I have a real soft spot for daring lip colours, but never actually have the courage to leave the house wearing them. This is a product which has fallen into that trap! The Nars Pure Matte range is known for great staying power but being quite drying, and this is apparent as soon as you apply - it tends to drag as you try to swipe it, so moisturising the lips before and using a lip brush would be recommended! The colour is a stunning fuschia and the tube has a very satisfying 'click' when you put the lid back on, but other than that, I don't think this is a range I would buy from again. 



Korres Nail Polishes
Full post here. To cut a long approval rant short, these are the most luxurious to apply, long lasting and intense shiny colours I have ever come across. Highly recommended. 



Kerastate Elixir Ultime
Pay attention ladies: I think this may be better than Moroccan Oil!
I purchased this hair oil after being blown away from a sample and definitely feel that this product is underrated! 'Replenishing and Beautifying Scented Oil': it does exactly what it says on the (very attractive) bottle, smells like incense sticks and leaves my hair feeling so luscious it's unreal. Unlike serums and heavier oils that tend to leave a layer of grease on top of the hair shaft, this is a thinner consistency which enables it to be soaked up whilst still leaving a healthy shine.
The range offers three options dependant on your hair type: normal (gold bottle), damaged (green) or fine/sensitised (lilac), and I will firmly recommend that you get it from LookFantastic as it's heaps cheaper than anywhere else I looked!



Bioderma Solution Micellaire
You've heard it all before from every blogger, their nans and their dogs but I also vouch for the fact that this is a wonder product. It's simple yet oh-so effective and doesn't cause the slightest bit of bother to my eyes - no mucking about. This is my first bottle and I already know that be I will not go without it, ever.


.....told you it was an abundance! I really hope I have inspired at least one addition to your wish lists after all that ;)
Now I'm going to get ready for bed, incorporating as many of these products into the process as I possibly can! You have no idea how excited I am right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment