Headings

24/09/2012

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture: Heartbreak in a Tube

(First of all I would like to apologise for the diabolical quality of these pictures. They were taken on my iPad, as I'd left my camera on the train. Long story.)

Right then.

One of my life-long missions is to master the perfect red lip. But there's one problem I keep coming across - the damn things just won't stay on!

Although I'm a huge YSL fan, I had never ventured onto their lipsticks; and picked up the ultra-glamorous Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in N°1 Le Rouge.


Look. At. That. Packaging. Look at it! It certainly embodies the luxurious element of the brand. The colour itself is absolutely fantastic, too. A real classic, vibrant pillar box red that really sets off my olive skin tone.


Application is a dream because it's just so silky smooth - seriously, I could sit and swipe it across my lips all day - and it smells like roses (must resist the urge not to lick it off!)

So, why have I titled it 'heartbreak in a tube?' - because as gorgeous as it is, it lasts for all of 10 seconds. And no, that is not because I keep licking it off.

The danger with lipsticks which have an overly creamy, smooth consistency (as much as we love 'em) is that they tend to slide off; and sadly this YSL beauty has fallen into that trap. Within only a few minutes of wear it's already smeared above my Cupids bow and I haven't even spoke/eaten!

As much as I WANT to love this lipstick, the only way you could wear it out of the house confidently is if you wore a red lip stain underneath; but that kind of defeats the object doesn't it?!

Oh well, the tube looks nice in my makeup drawer.....



No comments:

Post a Comment